Under the direct supervision of the internship coordinator and working closely with various members of the Branch, the intern will be expected to:
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
In addition, interested candidates must:
- Main field of studies: information systems, communication technology or a related field;
- Advanced knowledge in computer programming languages (e.g. Python, VBA, PHP, SQL, Java and HTML) is desirable;
- Knowledge about web data scraping and building automation and text-based documents processing and asset;
- Knowledge of WordPress is desirable;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Have a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to interact successfully with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants to the UN Internship Programme are not required to have professional work experience. However, the field of study should be closely related to the type of internship you are applying for is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of French is an asset. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.