Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 16/07/2020
Space Applications Services, Internship/Thesis - ICE Cubes Payload Engineering
Space Applications Services
Huygensstraat 34, Noordwijk, Paesi Bassi
Almeno 5 mesi. Inizio: febbraio 2021
Duties for technical internships typically include support to the Team in a selection of the following:
- Design and development of electro-/mechanical and processing systems for Experiment Cubes (in particular of further versions of the EduCube)
- System and subsystem trade-off, designing, prototyping, prototype de-bugging, functional verification and optimisation
- Design and breadboarding of prototypes in the context of the ICE Cubes-related studies (e.g. RF, AI, bio-printing, cell cultures incubator, bioreactor, etc.)
- Research, design and development of novel systems for low-cost payloads on the ISS (internal, external) and beyond (LEO CubeSats, Lunar Gateway, moon lander, etc.)
- Payload systems engineering tasks and conduction of Concurrent Design sessions
- Creating visualisation of concepts in 2D, 3D.
- Enrolment in the third year (or higher) in one of the following fields of studies: Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Software) or Science (Biology, Fluids, Physics), 3D visualisation/simulation, or similar
Depending on the Thesis’ / Internship’s scope of work, a selection of the following is desirable:
- Hands-on experience (university/professional projects/DIY) in avionics, electrical, mechanical, and/or electromechanical prototyping
- CAD design skills, 3D renderings (e.g. Blender, FreeCAD, SolidWorks) and conceptual illustration, 3D printing
- Basic knowledge of international spaceflight programmes
- Experience with USRP and/or AI systems, programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, Matlab), Labview or embedded electronics for prototyping (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino)
- At ease with and interested in technical, scientific and space engineering aspects.
The successful intern will have the following skills
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Ability to:
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Work in distributed international teams
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.