Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 28/07/2020
United Nations Mine Action Service, Intern - Humanitarian Affairs
UNMAS - United Nations Mine Action Service
Palais des Nations, Genève, Svizzera
Legale/Affari internazionali, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
L'offerta scade il 26/07/2021
- Supports the office’s engagement with the humanitarian community, including in its role as Global Coordinator of the Mine Action Area of Responsibility (MA AoR) within the Global Protection Cluster;
- Assists in the organization of meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops, etc. with other Agencies, Funds and Programmes as well as partners on specific humanitarian-related issues;
- Conducts research and drafts official documents related to priorities of UNMAS;
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources on assigned topics/issues;
- Contributes to the preparation of various written documents, e.g. drafts sections of studies, background papers, etc.;
- Attends conferences and meetings of interest to UNMAS, and provides verbal and written briefing notes to colleagues;
- Supports the work of the office on advocacy and outreach;
- Performs other duties as requested by the supervisor.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.