Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 28/07/2020
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, Intern - Information Management
OCHA - Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Fluwelen Burgwal 58, The Hague, Paesi Bassi
Legale/Affari internazionali, Informatica/ICT, Project/Business Management, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
L'offerta scade il 24/09/2020
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, duties may include but are not limited to lending support to projects and/or activities within the branch/Division of assignment. In particular, the intern will:
- Undertake research at the interaction of (new or emerging) technology and humanitarian affairs in topics such as artificial intelligence, big data, low-no code solutions, blockchain, quantum computing and UAVs. The aim would be to identify how these already or potentially could affect humanitarian response.
- Draft reports and/or guidelines to help articulate research findings and guide other humanitarians to better understand and possibly adopt the new technology, process or approach.
- Conduct and draft research aimed at improving the integration of digital humanitarians and remote information management into humanitarian response.
- To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Interested candidates must be pursuing or pursued their degree in areas related to this Job Opening: Business Administration (General, Management, or Computer Science), International Relations, Policy Development, Management (General, Information Systems), Information Technology (Information Management, Information Systems, or Information Architecture, Information Systems) or a related field.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
The intern does not need to have a technology background, but rather a strong research background combined with a general interest in technology.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.