Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 16/10/2020
International Committee of the Red Cross, Traineeship in the Detention Unit
ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Avenue de la Paix 19, Geneva, Svizzera
Legale/Affari internazionali, Educazione e Formazione, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
12 mesi. Inizio: 4 gennaio 2021
3.000 franchi svizzeri mensili lordi
L'offerta scade il 01/11/2020
- Support in the development of training tools in Virtual Reality, computer-based simulation and blended online-offline learning (60%). The detention unit is developing game-play training tools to be used to prepare incoming delegates as to the particularities of working in places of detention and applying the ICRC working procedures.
- Provide project management support, liaising with technical colleagues, and colleagues from different operational métiers to ensure a timely delivery of the project
- Set learning objectives and develop pedagogical scripts and scenarios based on those objectives
- Coordinate the prototyping and testing of new scenarios and game-play functionalities
- Follow up on the possible development of an external product for NPM, National Societies, authorities and other external stakeholders
- Support in the evaluation and evolution of Detention Training materials and courses (30%). This task will involve bringing current materials up to date to reflect evolution in practice and law, as well as the new operational realities of learning and development since COVID-19. Tasks will include:
- The development of curricula and learning paths (internal and external) for ICRC professionals working in detention towards a future certification
- Assisting in the completion /finalization of a National Society training package on immigration detention
- Transitioning existing face-to-face courses to blended online learning formats
- Event, training and ad hoc support to the unit (10%). The detention unit is responsible for training relating to persons deprived of their liberty and is involved in seminars and conferences on the subject. In support, the Associate will:
- Participate in the preparation for and running of meetings and training courses, including definition of agendas, identification of speakers, conducting follow-up action, drafting; minutes;
- Liaise with the unit information manager on the maintenance of knowledge management tools (i.e. wiki)
- Conduct administrative and logistical tasks concerning the meetings and training courses.
- Support the final stages of publications, including production, checking translations and planning dissemination.
Certifications / Education required
- University degree (Masters) in social sciences, political sciences, international relations or other related field.
Professional Experience required
- Good working knowledge of French and English, including writing and editing.
- Demonstrable interest in detention (e.g. through study, internship, first professional experience, volunteering, etc).
- Project management experience, ideally in a coordination function
- Competencies or demonstrated experience in adult learning (and ideally distance learning)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- No more than 24 months’ professionally relevant experience since last graduation, of which no more than 12 months’ non-internship paid work.
Desired profile and skills
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.