Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 14/01/2021
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Internship - RSD Section, Division of International Protection
UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Rue de Montbrillant 94, Geneva, Svizzera
Legale/Affari internazionali, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
12 settimane. Inizio: 1 marzo 2021
L'offerta scade il 27/01/2021
- Research and drafting:
- Conduct country-specific research on the human rights situation in countries of origin;
- Perform detailed editing and formatting, and provide comments on draft documents;
- Engage with the rest of the Section to determine COI and country guidance priorities, including exploring possible areas of research or production;
- Assisting with summarizing COI information, including drafting COI summaries and footnotes for RSD section use.
- Information management:
- Contribute to the management and strategic expansion of knowledge-sharing platforms on RSD, in particular the RSD Practitioners¿ Platform (RSD PP, an internal UNHCR Community of Practice for RSD staff) and the Global Case Law Collection Project, as well as to UNHCR¿s strategic redesign of Refworld (refworld.org);
- Provide research in response to queries from field offices related to specific caseloads and COI.
- Attending and taking notes at meetings along with relevant UNHCR staff (e.g. Human Rights Council, UN Treaty Body sessions)
- Any other tasks, upon request, including administrative duties.
The successful candidate will be either home-based or with the team in the Geneva, Switzerland. The location will be determined prior to the start of the internship, and is dependent upon the conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic in both the applicant¿s home country and at the duty station.
Minimum qualifications required
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be either a recent graduate (having completed their studies within one year of applying) or a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
Desirable qualifications and skills:
- Have a good understanding of human rights reporting and research methods;
- Have experience with or knowledge of Refuge Status Determination (RSD) procedures;
- Understand the role of Country of Origin Information (COI) in RSD;
- Have excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Have good experience using the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Demonstrate a genuine desire to learn and develop;
- Be highly organised and have a superior level of attention to detail;
- Be able to multi-task and to prioritize appropriately;
- Be a flexible team-player.
Additional positive factors include:
- Experience drafting COI reports or using COI in an RSD procedure;
- Language skills (French, Spanish, Russian, or Arabic) are useful but not a requirement for internships with the RSD Section.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.