Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 08/04/2021
European Central Bank, Traineeship in Finance
ECB - European Central Bank
Sonnemannstrasse 20, Frankfurt am Main, Germania
Contabilità e finanza
6 mesi prorogabili fino a 12. Inizio: tra settembre 2021 e gennaio 2022
1.070 euro mensili
Benefit: indennità di alloggio
L'offerta scade il 28/04/2021
As a trainee in the Financial Reporting Division you will:
- contribute to preparing financial statements and reports of the ECB and the Eurosystem;
- account for the ECB’s market operations and financial instruments (monetary policy, foreign exchange and investment portfolios), perform the related reconciliation process and follow up with the relevant business areas, in particular with Market Operations;
- collect and analyse the NCBs’ balance sheets and other financial data;
- provide analytical and quantitative support to the Division and address financial reporting queries, thereby extracting relevant data from the ECB’s financial information systems and producing analytics for various stakeholders;
- closely interact, cooperate and share knowledge with other ECB business areas and Eurosystem NCBs on various financial accounting and reporting topics;
- support the administration and development of information systems used for the ECB and Eurosystem financial reporting, and contribute to our digitalisation, automation and innovation initiatives.
As a trainee in the Accounting Division, your tasks will include:
- contributing to various regular, non-monetary policy-related accounting processes that include working with ECB SAP components relevant for financial accounting;
- helping to advise purchasing business areas, contractors (creditors or debtors) and other relevant stakeholders on accounting issues;
- supporting the analysis and presentation of accounting data for decision-making purposes;
- contributing to the optimisation and documentation of internal processes and procedures;
- supporting the onboarding and training of new colleagues;
- providing functional support for the ECB’s procure-to-pay processes, as well as external system support to e-Tendering bidders/suppliers;
- participating in project implementation (both system and non-system-related);
- performing user access rights maintenance for various SAP modules;
- helping to create user manuals and training materials and to train end-users.
As a trainee in the Budgeting and Controlling Division, you will work on a wide spectrum of operational and policy activities linked to the ECB’s budget and related controlling activities. Your tasks will include:
- supporting planning and regular expenditure monitoring;
- carrying out reporting and forecasting activities;
- supporting regular and specific financial data analysis;
- carrying out financial dashboard activities and IT system-related work;
- supporting the optimisation and monitoring of adherence to organisational compliance frameworks and rules relating to budgeting and controlling;
- enhancing data and knowledge management structures and tools;
- supporting project performance control from a financial perspective.
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business or public administration, risk management, statistics, information technology, or another relevant field;
- a good knowledge of the MS Office package, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- advanced knowledge of MS Excel and other tools for data management and analysis;
- working knowledge of other software applications, such as VBA, MS Access, MS Project and data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau), and enterprise resource planning systems (such as SAP);
- experience in data analysis and the ability to interpret data;
- knowledge of, and some practical experience in, one or more of the following fields:
- accounting/financial reporting;
- financial markets;
- financial instruments;
- financial statement analysis;
- financial risk management;
- information technology for financial applications.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.