Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 08/04/2021
UNHCR, Internship Donor Relations and Resource Mobilization Service
Rue de Montbrillant 94, Geneva, Svizzera
Legale/Affari internazionali, Comunicazione/Marketing, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
6 mesi (da maggio)
L'offerta scade il 21/04/2021
We are looking for a dynamic intern who has a good understanding of the UN system, humanitarian issues, fundraising and/or donor/external relations, who can support the work of the Director of External Relations. The incumbent will report to the Senior Donor Relations Officer (DRO) in DRRM Group II. The Senior DRO will work closely with the incumbent and discuss the various issues and tasks daily. The ideal post-holder will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, have the skills and ability to support on the drafting/editing of funding proposals, reports, briefings and talking points, have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and be able to work with and present complex data. Key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the preparation of meeting minutes, briefings, talking points and other information packages as requested, and assisting in scheduling and preparing for internal and external meetings.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of annual bilateral meetings with several key UNHCR donors.
- Assisting in the preparation of donor funding proposals, reports and other documentation relating to contributions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic engagement plans related to specific donors and assist in researching and drafting responses to queries from donors.
- Assisting the Senior DRO with internal communication and information management within the team.
- Participating in weekly team meetings and other Service/Division-wide meetings as appropriate.
- Undertaking any other tasks assigned.
The successful candidate will be either home-based or with the team in the Geneva, Switzerland. The location will be determined prior to the start of the internship, and is dependent upon the conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic in both the applicant¿s home country and at the duty station.
- Interest in fundraising and external relations work;
- Interest in humanitarian issues and the work of the UN;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong computer skills;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Required languages: English is essential; any additional European language is an asset;
- Work experience in development or humanitarian environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Effective time management and strong organisational abilities.
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be either a recent graduate (having completed their studies within one year of applying) or a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO ; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.