Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 21/07/2021 International Criminal Court, Internship - Presidency - Legal and Enforcement Unit
ICC - International Criminal Court
Oude Waalsdorperweg 10, The Hague, Paesi Bassi
L'offerta scade il 31/12/2021
- Conducting in-depth legal research in administrative, human rights and public international law and other relevant areas of law, on both procedural and substantive issues, in support of the Presidency’s decisions on applications for judicial review;
- Providing support in all aspects of the enforcement of sentences and international cooperation;
- Assisting in drafting legal opinions on the interpretation of the Court's legal texts, ASP resolutions, international treaties, etc.;
- Providing support in the preparation and servicing internal meetings and committees;
- Assisting in the preparation of speeches, letters, background papers and reports for the President and the Presidency;
- Performing any other duties as assigned.
To participate in containing the COVID-19 spread and in line with the measures adopted by the Host State, the ICC staff members, interns and visiting professional based in The Hague are currently working remotely. Accordingly, the candidates selected for this position are expected to work remotely from within the duty station (The Hague) until the re-opening of the ICC’s premises. They are also expected to work with their own computer and internet connection.
- All Candidates must have a degree or be in the final stages of their studies at a recognised university, demonstrating very good knowledge in public international law, international humanitarian law, human rights law, comparative law, or international /national criminal law. Candidates are expected to have a very good record of academic performance.
- Internship placements focus on candidates in the early stages of their professional careers. Practical experience is not an essential prerequisite for selection. Should there be a practical experience that is relevant to the work of the Court, it may be considered an asset. However, such working experience should not exceed 3 (three) years.
- Able to adapt to multicultural and multilingual working environments.
- Possesses strong teamwork skills (listens, consults and communicates proactively).
- Very good oral communication and drafting skills.
- Has acquired a good standard of computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications) and research skills (including the use of electronic databases).
- Proficiency in one of the working languages of the Court, French or English, is required. Working knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another official language of the Court (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.