Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 28/08/2018
UNHCR, Emergency Preparedness Internship
Palais des Nations, Geneva, Svizzera
6 mesi. Inizio 1. ottobre 2018
The intern will provide support to the Emergency Preparedness Section in:
1) Weekly horizon scanning and production of updates and analytic papers on early warning situations.
2) Update and support the management of the High Alert List for Emergency Preparedness (HALEP).
3) Initiate and support the conception of UNHCR’s Preparedness Package for IDP Emergencies.
4) Participate in meetings related to emergency preparedness and response.
5) Support emergency task forces if required.
6) Support the team in performing other tasks as required.
- Degree (preferably at master’s level) in International Relations, International Politics, Development Studies, Emergency practice, Strategic studies or International Humanitarian Law or related
- Specific studies/experience in political and conflict analysis an advantage.
- Very strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience in computer applications/IT Systems. Expert knowledge on the use of Excel & Word.
- Knowledge of computer programming languages (html, css, sql, js) are an advantage.
- Experience in research and drafting short, concise and specific reports – required.
- English and French languages- Advanced proficiency is required.
- Proficiency in Spanish and Arabic are considered an advantage.