Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 22/09/2022 United Nations Office at Geneva, Intern Political Affairs
UNOG - United Nations Office at Geneva
Palais des Nations, Geneva, Svizzera
Politiche e affari internazionali
3-6 mesi (da gennaio 2023)
L'offerta scade il 17/10/2022
- Assist staff in research for and drafting of speeches;
- Monitor and carry out research on topical issues in international affairs and to prepare background papers and analysis for the Section;
- Monitor and carry out research on developments within the United Nations funds, programmes and specialized agencies and other international organizations, in particular the Geneva-based entities, and to prepare background notes for the attention of the Chief of Section; upon request, to attend meetings of United Nations entities; to prepare summaries and analysis of the discussions;
- Monitor and carry out research on academic and research institutions, think tanks and foundations and prepare background notes for the attention of the Chief of Section; upon request, to attend meetings and prepare summaries;
- Research, draft and update country profiles and other background in preparation for the presentation of credentials to the Director-General or other meetings with high-level dignitaries;
- Participate in the planning and organization of seminars, workshops and other events with external partners, including, inter alia, undertaking background research; identifying speakers and invitees; preparing invitations; liaising with speakers; responding to queries and providing relevant information to invitees; and assisting in the general administration of the individual event;
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence for the Section;
- Assist in the administration of the institutional memory of the Section, including updating databases of country profiles and other material, as necessary;
- Carries out any other ad hoc tasks, as may be required by the Chief of Section and /or the Professional Officers in the Section.
- To qualify for an internship with the United Nations, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- (a) be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- (b) be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Interested candidates must be pursuing or pursued their degree in areas related to this Job Opening.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this position fluency in English or French (ability to speak, read and draft) is required. Knowledge of the other language would be an advantage.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.