Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 18/09/2018
BASF, Internship Data Science & Statistics
BASF Digital Farming GmbH
Rheinpromenade 1, Monheim am Rhein, Germania
During your internship with a duration of 6 months, you become acquainted with several tasks within our Crop Protection unit, giving you the chance to apply your theoretical knowledge in the daily business. BASF xarvio Digital Farming is one of the world's leading groups in delivering digital agricultural solutions.
- You will support validations of remote sensing parameters by applying statio-temporal statistics and providing reports and visualization of results.
- Furthermore, you will be contributing to the data processing routine of field trials including analysis and handling of measurement error and visualization.
- You will be responsible for supporting design and supervising the agronomic field trials.
- Moreover, you will collaborate closely with external technicians, internal agronomists, product managers as well as other data scientists.
- You are currently studying Data Science, Geoinformatics, Statistics or a similar scientific field and have an outstanding academic performance record.
- Through internships or university projects you were able to gain first experiences in statistics validation routines and the processing of geospatial data.
- You have working knowledge of libraries such as gdal, scipy or similar and solid programming skills in Python, R or similar.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English and have strong communicational skills.