Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 18/09/2023 International Atomic Energy Agency, Internship – Ions and Radioisotopes in Precipitation
IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency
Wagramer Str. 5, Wien, Austria
Chimica/Farmaceutica, Scienze naturali, Ambiente, salute e sicurezza
L'offerta scade il 01/10/2023
The main purpose of the internship is supporting the Isotope Hydrology Laboratory with processing of sulphate and nitrate samples, and assist with data synthesis and interpretation.
Under supervision of the Laboratory Head and the direct guidance of Laboratory and Section Staff, the Intern carries out the key tasks related to processing of samples for nitrate and sulphate analysis in water samples:
- Assist with processing of nitrate water samples for hydro chemical parameters.
- Assist with processing of sulphate water samples.
- Assist with general laboratory tasks as needed, including registration of samples and management of workflows.
- Assist with operating the precipitation sampler.
- Support with data synthesis and interpretation.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in environmental sciences, hydrogeology, hydrology, chemistry, or related field.
- Solid knowledge in the use of analytical equipment in a laboratory environment and basic skills / interest in sampling equipment setup and maintenance.
- Knowledge of hydrochemistry and water quality.
- Expertise in isotope and/or hydrochemical measurements in water samples an asset.
- Experience in the application of isotope techniques for water resources management an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team, with respect for and sensitivity to a multi-cultural environment.
- Solid knowledge of standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA's internship programme.
- Good written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish or Russian) an asset.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.