Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 19/09/2023 European Central Bank, Traineeships in Market Operations
ECB - European Central Bank
Sonnemannstrasse 20, Frankfurt am Main, Germania
Economia e finanza, Statistica/Data Analysis, Project/Business Management
6-12 mesi. Inizio: da gennaio 2024 in poi
1.070 euro mensili
Benefit: indennità di alloggio
L'offerta scade il 09/10/2023
string(18) "Posizioni multiple"
Posti disponibili Posizioni multiple vai all'offerta
You will be part of one of five divisions in the Directorate General Market Operations: the Bond Markets and International Operations Division, the Financial Operations Services Division, the Money Market and Liquidity Division, the Market Operations Analysis Division or the Market Operations Systems Division.
Bond Markets and International Operations Division
- supporting the coordination and implementation of the asset purchase programmes and the management of foreign reserve portfolios and other ECB portfolios managed by the Division;
- contributing to the regular production of various reports on financial markets, covering, for example, developments in US, Japanese, Chinese and euro area government bonds, bank and corporate bonds, and foreign exchange and commodity markets;
- assisting with the production of ad hoc analyses and summaries of meetings with external counterparties, in particular investment banks.
Financial Operations Services Division
- assisting with the reconciliation of ECB nostro cash, gold and custody accounts used in connection with the ECB’s own funds, monetary policy, centralised foreign exchange and a range of other transactions carried out by the ECB, and of Eurosystem NCB accounts used for operations involving the ECB’s foreign reserve assets;
- contributing to the management of legal documentation related to the ECB’s counterparties and intermediaries and helping to analyse and follow up on regulatory changes.
Money Market and Liquidity Division
- analysing money market developments using transaction-level financial market data and gathering feedback from external parties;
- analysing bidding behaviour in the ECB’s monetary policy operations, examining changes in the Eurosystem balance sheet and investigating the effects of monetary policy decisions on liquidity conditions and the money market;
- supporting our monitoring of the euro short-term rate and the coordination of market contact groups.
Market Operations Analysis Division
- monitoring and analysing the performance of the Eurosystem monetary policy implementation framework and contributing to the preparation of policy proposals for its improvement;
- helping maintain and enhance the Eurosystem collateral framework on a policy, operational, and technical level by performing data analysis activities, testing software and improving internal business intelligence reporting;
- monitoring and assessing the financial eligibility of monetary policy counterparties and contributing to the analysis of topics such as minimum reserve requirements, targeted longer-term refinancing operations, emergency liquidity assistance and Eurosystem balance sheet items.
Market Operations Systems Division
- analysing and configuring new financial instruments in the ECB’s treasury management system, reflecting changes in the operational framework and supporting users at the ECB and NCBs to ensure that Eurosystem operations can be processed smoothly;
- bringing innovation to business processes by leveraging automation, new technologies, data analytics and visualisation tools; building synergies with other ECB business areas.
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, economics, econometrics, mathematics, statistics, accounting, computer science or a related discipline;
- an awareness of financial market structures, financial market developments and market operations;
- experience using one or more of the following: SQL, VBA, R, Python, Java, MATLAB, Stata, Tableau, MS Power BI, Bloomberg or Refinitiv Eikon;
- experience working with complex data (i.e. data preparation, analysis and visualisation);
- a good knowledge of the MS Office package, including an advanced knowledge of MS Excel;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- a master’s degree in finance, economics, econometrics, mathematics, statistics, accounting, computer science or a related discipline.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.