EU Archive Regulation 2015/496 amending Council Regulation 354/1983 requires Europol to set up a historic archive for documents of significant organisational, cultural, political or historic value. These documents will be transferred to the Historic Archives of the EU in Florence (HAEU) and made accessible to the public after 30 years.
This internship project focuses on the cataloguing and inventorying of the holdings of the Corporate Archive of Europol with a specific focus on the identification of records of significant value for permanent preservation. These records will then be digitised and prepared for transfer to HAEU.
In addition, the Interns will be expected to conduct a research into a long-term-preservation (paper and electronic) and produce a report as an outcome of this research.
a. General experience:
• Experience in records cataloguing, archive management or information management;
• Previous experience in similar projects is an advantage.
b. Subject knowledge/ education:
• Completed or ongoing studies in the field of Archives and Records Management or Information Science; knowledge of cataloguing standards;
• Basic knowledge of digital preservation of records;
• Knowledge of the legislation underpinning Archives and Records Management in the EU domain are an advantage;
• Membership of professional interest groups and associations in the field of archives and records and information management are an advantage.
c. Technical skills and competencies:
• Hands on experience of electronic document/records management systems; archive management systems;
• Hands on experience of digital preservation systems is a distinct advantage
• Excellent communication skills in English;
• Proficient user of IT applications in general and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the internet.