- Assists in the receipt and processing of user requests.
- Provides basic technical support on relevant hardware and software systems applications in assigned area.
- Assists in the installation of application systems software and hardware according to specifications.
- Provides basic support in the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of customized application software systems; works with senior IT staff on the definition and specification of requirements; builds, tests and modifies prototype application software based on detailed instructions; installs and maintains software systems.
- Assists and supports senior staff in the creation and maintenance of application software using content management platform Drupal, web and cloud-based architectures, etc.; assists in formulating an effective, responsive design, implementing new features and functionality, working closely with developers, support teams and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
- Assists in the prepares the technical and user documentation, as well as in the production of training materials.
- Provides support on software development matters, including security, data integrity and recovery; assists with needs assessment for new systems (including modifications to existing systems); performs ongoing reviews with users and developers and responds to requirements; requests, implements, provides operational support and maintains various applications.
- Maintains regular contact with users and technical staff in user offices and provides support as required.
- Conducts research on new technologies as requested; keeps abreast of developments in the field; assists in testing and evaluating new products and technologies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, much commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in French or English and knowledge of the other is required.