Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 24/04/2019
Ortec, Graduation Project: Energy Lab
Houtsingel 5, Zoetermeer, Paesi Bassi
With this graduate project, you will be part of ORTEC’s student team in the Energy LAB. Together with other graduate students, you will work within the same strategic topic, but you will have your own research question and thesis subject. The subject of your thesis project is linked to the energy industry in general, and often to the energy transition specifically. The Energy team supports the entire energy industry in data-driven decision making, and uses innovative mathematics to help them generate sustainable growth.
Current thesis subjects are:
How to design a sustainable energy infrastructure for future cities? Help upgrade our optimization model for integrated energy systems to the next level:
- From small- to large scale cases
- Using existing asset data
- Integrating operational constraints.
How to estimate the techno-economic development of new energy technologies? Help forecast the development and determine how to integrate into our models:
- Power-to-X (X = methane, hydrogen, biofuels, etc.)
- Batteries & electric vehicles
- Photovoltaics & other RES.
How to optimize a supply chain under heavy uncertainty in the energy industry? Help improve our optimization models using robust optimization, simulation, or a combination of these – modeling, OR, programming.
- A master student in a relevant engineering, mathematical or computer science field,
- Passionate about (future) energy technologies and energy transition developments,
- A team player with great work ethic,
- A puzzle solver with excellent analytical skills, modeling and programming experience,
- Depending on the thesis subject – experience with decomposition methods, data science, or (chemical/electrical/materials) engineering can be an advantage
- Able to fluently communicate in English (verbally and in writing).