Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 03/05/2019
EDA - European Defence Agency, Trainee EU-funded Defence Research Support
EDA - European Defence Agency
Rue des Drapiers, 17-23, Brussels, Belgio
Legale/Affari internazionali, Comunicazione/Marketing
12 mesi (da settembre 2019)
1.196,84 € mensili
L'offerta scade il 31/05/2019
Benefit: Rimborso viaggio A/R
The Trainee EU-funded Defence Research Support will work with colleagues in the area of EU-funded Defence Research, especially linked to implementation of the Preparatory Action on Defence Research (PADR), under the delegation agreement between the European Commission and EDA, and the launch of the Research Dimension of the European Defence Fund (EDF). More specifically, his/her tasks will be the following:
For the PADR:
- Drafting policy papers, presentations and minutes of meetings (mainly Programme Committee and PADR coordination meetings);
- Assistance with drafting documents related to the PADR Delegation Agreement between the European Commission and EDA;
- Contribution to the evaluation and contracting of the grants of 2019, as requested;
- Support to the implementation of strategic technology foresight activity related to PADR;
- Support to the implementation of disruptive technology research related to PADR;
- Involvement in PADR affairs in the CapTechs (Capability Technology Groups);
- Support to the knowledge and document management of the Unit via the different IT tools (eGrants, SharePoint based EDA Portal & EDA Collaboration Platform).
For the European Defence Fund:
- Contribution to the drafting of policy papers and documents about the organisation of the role devoted to EDA in EDF.
- Potential elaboration of presentations, documents and minutes of meeting for EDA coordination meetings or EDF Programme Committee.
Description of a typical day at work (although tasks may vary on a day-to-day basis):
- Update different IT tools (content): the PADR register, project workspaces, project management tool, etc.;
- Revision of documents (from deliverables to policy papers);
- Creating statistics and graphics in Excel;
- Drafting meeting notes, minutes and other related documents, power point presentations, etc.;
- If meetings foreseen: support the organisation of meetings (preparing documentation, meeting room set up, booking of laptops, etc.), taking notes during meetings, control slides show, and wrapping up.
- have completed at least the first (minimum three-year) cycle of a higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications;
- have a very good knowledge of at least two participating Member States languages of which one must be English as it is EDA’s main working language. The knowledge of additional participating Member States languages is an asset;
(a) Academic requirements: Bachelor degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, History, European Studies, or Journalism;
(b) Linguistic requirements: Very good knowledge of written and spoken English (level C1/C2);
(c) Technical and other skills:
- IT literacy skills, in particular MS PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint (or familiarity with database notions);
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Knowledge in R&T/R&D/Innovation management;
- Knowledge in project management;
- Engineering or other similar background (i.e. mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.);
- Exposure to an international environment;
- Experience in event management at any level;
- Master degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, History, European Studies, Journalism or MBA.