Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 07/06/2019
United Nations Conference for Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Internship in the Conference Servicing and Logistics Section of the Intergovernmental Support Service
United Nations Conference for Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
Palais des Nations, Geneva, Svizzera
Amministrazione/Segreteria/Customer Support, Legale/Affari internazionali
L'offerta scade il 05/07/2019
This internship position is located in Conference Servicing and Logistics Section of the Intergovernmental Support Service (ISS) of UNCTAD, Geneva, Switzerland. ISS supports the consensus-building pillar of UNCTAD. It facilitates the smooth functioning of the intergovernmental machinery by providing, among other things, complete conference services. These range from the organization and servicing of meetings, including sessions of the Trade and Development Board and its subsidiary bodies, to the production of parliamentary documents and publications. ISS strives to expose interns to all three pillars of UNCTAD activities: research, intergovernmental meetings and technical assistance to government mainly from developing countries. Tasks during the internship will include:
- conduct research on the history of the Intergovernmental Machinery (IGM).
- prepare background material for intergovernmental meetings.
- assist on other issues related to the work of ISS.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, much commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme. Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.