• Assist on the technical level of work and provide support in preparing presentations (in Prezi, Power Point and similar software), assist in development of eLearning modules, assist in maintenance of the eLearning web page and Learning Management System (LMS)
• Keep abreast of available technology in the area of eLearning, understand applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office, actively seek to apply technology to appropriate tasks and show willingness to learn new technology
• Assist in providing help desk assistance to eLearning users
• Assist in collecting, reviewing and analysing updates and advancements of the project and drafting related advocacy material (newsletters, web stories, etc.)
• Assist in mission/event preparation and follow-up
• Assist in collecting, reviewing and analysing data from substantive UNODC units, field offices and executing agencies on new and ongoing projects
• Assist in preparing briefing notes and summary reports on country/region for the Executive Director, senior management, senior official visitors to UNODC, country and regional consultations with donors, as well as for other major UNODC events
• Conduct research on specific topics and produce working papers, reports, summaries, analyses, briefings, presentations and studies
• Draft routine day-to-day correspondence to Regional/Country/Programme offices in the region and substantive units at UNODC Headquarters
• Attend meetings, take notes, produce minutes and briefings on outcomes
• Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.