Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 12/06/2019
Roche, RiSE - Roche internship for Scientific Exchange - Autism Genetics for Stratification and Response Prediction
Grenzacherstrasse 124, Basel, Svizzera
- Extensive background literature review of current and historical ASD genetics literature, with summary for a diverse audience, of a quality sufficient for peer-reviewed publication;
- Identification of priority methods for enrichment or stratification given existing and anticipated sample sizes, in consultation with Roche’s internal and external networks of ASD experts;
- Interrogation of the largest genetics datasets in ASD (iPsych, MSSNG, SFARI, as well as internal Roche datasets) using genetic methods prioritized from literature review and expert consultation;
- Author, pre-register and execute a statistical analysis plan to test predictions of differential drug response as a function of genetic status, using the above markers, and test of that hypothesis in internal and/or external clinical trial datasets.
- Present the results to diverse audiences and prepare them for peer-reviewed publication
- Enrolled in a PhD or medical degree program at a university and are looking to expand your experience with an industry internship (must still be enrolled at University for 50% of the duration of the stay at Roche)
- Experience with vcftools, plink, Bioconductor R packages and other packages & stand alone tools for advanced statistical genetics analysis
- Demonstrated hands-on programming experience with R (e.g., base/tidyverse, use of Rmarkdown or RShiny a plus) or Python.