To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
• Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(1) have obtained her or his first university degree (bachelor's degree or equivalent);
(2) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(3) have graduated with a second university degree.
If selected, she or he must commence the internship prior to or within one year from the date of graduation. An official document supporting one of the above must be attached to the Inspira application.
• Be computer literate in standard software applications
• Have a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter; and
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. Fluency in English, i.e. oral and written proficiency is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language, particularly French or Spanish, is an advantage.