Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer the intern will:
- Provide day-to-day support for project-related activities within the Unit/Secretariat (drafting of documents, minutes, and presentations; updating and maintaining the Initiative’s members/sponsors list and related documents).
- Assist with research and data collection on themes related to life cycle thinking, hotspot analysis, and related themes according to the Programme Officers’ needs.
- Assist with research and data collection on due diligence for sponsors of the Life Cycle Initiative (www.lifecycleinitiative.org), as well as preparing outreach for new sponsors and members in line with the new Life Cycle Initiative strategy.
- Contribute towards the Unit’s communications activities, including web development and online presentation of materials and keeping websites up-to-date.
- Assist with the logistical preparation of meetings, events, and webinars organized by the unit, including the preparation of presentations and other documents and drafting summary reports.
- Assist with cross-unit collaboration opportunities.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Studies in Environmental Policy/Management/Sciences/Engineering; International Affairs/Relations, preferably related to sustainable development issues are required.
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required.