Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 10/07/2019
IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency, Internship SGIS - End User Device Optimization
IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency
Wagramer Str. 5, Wien, Austria
L'offerta scade il 30/07/2019
The intern will support the activities of the User Support Section (USS) in the Office of Information and Communication Systems, Department of Safeguards (SGIS). The User Support Section is responsible for ensuring that the Department of Safeguards has high quality computer services, by providing ICT support to end users at the Agency's Headquarters, Regional Offices, and remote safeguards sites, as well as to inspectors in the field. The Section supports and manages users' ICT equipment centrally, enforces electronic security measures, safeguards IAEA data by implementing data encryption, provides the necessary electronic tools to satisfy the Department's information security requirements and quality customer support, and controls the life cycle of hardware and software.
Conduct research on tools capable to capture slow start up of or long logon time on end user computers.
Prepare an assessment report on the viability of the tools in a specific IT landscape.
Develop a proof of concept for selected tools with technical recommendations for further implementation.
Integrate the selected tool into the IT landscape including notifications to the IT about end user computers with worst performance.
Identify most common causes of the slowness of end user computers, analyses root causes and propose remediation solutions.
- Preferred field of studies: Computer Science or a related field.
- Practical experience in Windows 10 installation, configuration, integration of diverse systems, trouble shooting and problem resolution on desktops and laptops;
- Experience in PowerShell, interactive shell and a programming language, as well as scripting of automated tasks;
- Good analytical and organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines;
- Able to work independently and as a team member in multicultural environment.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA's internship programme.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.