Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 10/07/2019
HCCH, Editorial and Publication Internship
Churchillplein 6b, The Hague, Paesi Bassi
Giornalismo ed editoria
3-6 mesi (da settembre 2019)
- Assisting with the editorial and publications work for the 2019 Diplomatic Session
- Assisting with the format and layout of new publications (such as Handbooks) and publications being updated
- Supporting the Publications Coordinator in implementing the house style and general editing policy of the Organisation
- Performing light copy-editing and proofreading
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Publications Coordinator.
In keeping with the role of the Permanent Bureau as the HCCH secretariat, applicants should bear in mind that the nature of the work assigned will generally be a combination of editorial, publication and administrative work.
- Experience in and knowledge of publishing software (e.g. Scribus), or capacity to quickly learn and handle publishing software
- Excellent drafting skills in English or French
- The intern should speak at least one of the two official languages of the HCCH, English and French. Knowledge of the other official language is an asset. Knowledge of any other languages may also be an advantage.
- Publishing knowledge is an asset
- Strong experience with full Microsoft Office environment (e.g. developing/updating templates)
- Ability to multi-task in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Successful applicants are encouraged to investigate available funding within their university or from other public and private organisations (e.g., scholarships or internship placement programmes offered through their university, grants from research foundations, etc.).