Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 26/08/2019
International Criminal Court, Internship - Research and Development - Office of the Prosecutor
ICC - International Criminal Court
Oude Waalsdorperweg, 10, The Hague, Paesi Bassi
01/02/2020 - 31/07/2020
L'offerta scade il 12/10/2019
The Intern will be assigned to work under the supervision of the Investigations Coordinator, but also support the different investigation Team Leaders.
Under the supervision, the Intern can expect to perform one or more of the following tasks:
- Provide support to projects aimed at defining and implementing investigative operational standards, progressing on new investigative techniques, opportunities, tools and methodologies, and ensure the harmonization of the work, practices and procedures across the different investigation teams;
- Provide support in analysing, summarizing, categorizing and coding relevant judicial rulings and other research materials on matters of relevance to investigation; feeding the Casemap database, and provide support for all OTP consolations on matters related with investigations.
- Provide support to the coordination of the work of the investigation teams, as well as initiatives aimed at identifying and monitoring areas where to improve the quality and efficiency of OTP investigations:
- Provide support to the Division in the development of investigative standards to be shared with other investigative bodies and first responders.
- Provide support to the “lessons learnt” projects to be conducted by the different investigation teams on specific, as well as general matters relevant to investigations;
- Undertake research and assist in the analysis on subjects related to international criminal investigations, covering a wide range of relevant sources (internal and external) - jurisprudence, academic papers, operational documents;
- Assist with analytical summaries, draft documents and charts; take notes in oral discussions, and assist in the presentation of relevant findings;
- Provide support to projects aimed at identifying and monitoring areas to improve the quality and efficiency of OTP investigation, and assist in providing recommendations to the Investigations Coordinator as required;
- Provide support, on an ad hoc basis, to the investigation teams in the collection, screening, analysis and handling of information and evidence in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Provide support to the development and implementation of training initiatives addressed to the investigation teams.
All Candidates must have a degree or be in the final stages of their studies at a recognised university. Candidates are expected to have a very good record of academic performance.
Internship placements focus on candidates in the early stages of their professional careers therefore; practical experience is not an essential prerequisite for selection. However, practical experience that is relevant to the work of the Court may be considered an asset.
Knowledge of Languages:
Proficiency in one of the working languages of the Court, French or English, is required. Working knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another official language of the Court (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.