Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 30/08/2019
Swiss Re, Intern - Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
Mythenquai 50/60, Zurich, Svizzera
Ecologia e ambiente
6 mesi. Inizio novembre 2019.
We are looking for an intern who conducts a 'what if' study on biodiversity / ecosystem services (ES) disclosure for insurers. Currently, the financial services sector identifies, measures and reduces its impact on climate change with the ambition to meet the Paris agreements. This internship is a unique opportunity to pave some grounds for a similar movement for biodiversity/ES.
We expect you to summarize where the insurance sector stands in re to carbon disclosure, including relevant regulatory requirements, in order to
- develop a framework about how to assess insurers' impact on biodiversity/ES, including measurable pressure, state, and response indicators
- conduct a first impact estimation
- craft elements of a strategy to reduce the biodiversity/ES impact of insurance, as well as to further support nature out of the financial services industry
- gather your insights in a written study and present results to Swiss Re colleagues.
- You are pursuing a Master's degree in Conservation Biology or another biodiversity related science, e.g. earth sciences / physical geography.
- You are proficient in English and German (written and spoken).
- You have a flair and strong motivation to understand how biodiversity relates into insurance and how you can model financial consequences of biodiversity/ES decline.
- You possess good methodological, quantitative, ecosystem services modelling skills and analytic capabilities.
- You have strong writing skills.
- You are a great teammate with good communication skills.
- You are passionate about innovative (re)insurance topics and to work in an international and diverse environment.