Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 02/09/2019
BASF, Internship - Applied Statistics/Mathematics
BASF Digital Farming
Albrecht-Thaer-Straße 34, Köln, Germania
During your in our unit Digital Farming Data you will be working on diverse types of data from sources like agricultural fields, soil sampling, weather monitoring and smartphone apps.
- You will perform statistical analyses of carefully prepared data sets.
- Additionally, you will support exploring and designing a new era of field trial experiments.
- Being responsible for building new prototypes, you will identify new product ideas and improve the internal workflows.
- You will communicate the results of your work to technical as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- Last but not least, you will closely collaborate with internal agronomists and product managers.
- You are currently studying Applied Statistics / Mathematics or a related field and have an outstanding academic track record.
- Through internships or university projects, you have already gained experience in working with complex and diverse data sets.
- You have solid knowledge in designing experiments (e.g. RCBD) or trials, spatial statistics (e.g. Kriging), ANOVA as well as mixed models and GLMMs.
- Additionally, you are well skilled in programming with R or Python and are able to handle data stemming from csv-files, data bases or web pages.
- You are able to express your strong communicational skills fluently in both written and spoken English.