Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 11/09/2019
ONE, Policy Intern
189 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, Regno Unito
- Undertake policy research across ONE’s priority policy issues, including development finance, global health, education, transparency, agriculture and gender.
- Find insights in data through exploratory and hypothesis-driven analysis; and help translate data into stories and insights.
- Write and edit blog content and help with ongoing policy team projects.
- Support advocacy efforts, contribute to policy briefings and provide logistical support for occasional events.
- Attend external meetings, briefings, or conferences as needed and provide summaries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (or in progress) in international development, international relations, economics or related field. We may consider candidates from other backgrounds in exceptional cases where candidates have a strong data skillset and relevant experience in international development.
- Proven interest in development and Africa; prior work in ONE’s policy areas a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to synthesize complicated policy issues and data concepts into simple prose for non-specialists.
- Experience with data analysis tools is preferred: Stata, R or python for data analysis; Tableau and/or version control software such as git.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs. Excel fluency is required.
- Able to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills, with the proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to consistently to apply good judgment and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
- Passionate about data as a tool to fuel positive change and about supporting others to learn and grow in their use of data.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages desirable such as French, German, et al.