Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 08/10/2019
American Express, 2020 Global Supply Management Summer Internship
1 John St, Brighton , Regno Unito
Contabilità e finanza, Project/Business Management
10 settimane. Inizio giugno 2020.
L'offerta scade il 17/11/2019
- Lead end to end contracting process to include drafting, negotiating and executing commercial negotiations.
- Conduct contract strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements and work in partnership with Business and Category management on priorities, timelines and deliverables.
- Draft appropriate contractual provisions leveraging GSMs template library based on strategy discussions, needs and expectations.
- Review and manage the redlining of contracts of varying complexity using playbooks, defined negotiation bandwidths and defined escalation paths and ensure appropriate approvals are obtained as and when needed.
- Ensure that contracts, supporting documents and contract metadata are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained.
- Adhering to and enforcing operation, policy and contract compliance in all procurement activities and projects.
- Serve as coordinative enterprise-wide contact (for contract delivery with respect to contracts assigned to the Associate) during contract negotiations.
- Identifying process gaps and opportunities to improve value delivered to the business and collaborate across the Contract Delivery team and stakeholder groups to solve.
- Identify value add opportunities and drive savings opportunities for contracts owned by Contract Delivery.
- Maintaining and promoting the Blue Box Values by ensuring that work is completed to the highest professional, legal, and regulatory standards, and that the activities subject to review/procurement comply with the Company's stated business ethics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate and develop concepts, visions and complex business requirements into workable plans.
- Good project management skills and financial management experience including development of CBA's, PowerPoint presentations and financial models.
- Good people skills to bring together the right narrative and players to find a solution for situations when dealing with a customer’s issues and concerns.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to develop and execute complex, time and commercial sensitive strategies.
- Proven ability to drive results and prioritize work activities.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and team player.
- The programme is open to final year and postgraduate students from any degree discipline. A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent