Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 08/10/2019
United Nations Office in Geneva, Intern - Public Information
United Nations Office in Geneva
Palais des Nations, Geneva , Svizzera
Comunicazione/Marketing, Giornalismo/Editoria/Scienze documentarie
L'offerta scade il 31/12/2019
- Contribute to the organization of commemorative events, such as the Holocaust Remembrance Day, the World Press Freedom Day, the Peacekeepers Day, and the Day to Eradicate Extreme Poverty;
- Assist with the organization of regular Ciné-ONU movie screenings and discussions, by researching topics, establishing contacts with producers, liaising with partners, providing logistical support, etc;
- Help organize information programmes for visiting groups (mostly students) by liaising with United Nations officials and groups of students, diplomats and NGOs, helping with administrative arrangements and escorting groups visiting the Palais des Nations;
- Contribute to the organization of quarterly Mix & Mash events, in cooperation with and under the guidance of the Associate Public Information Officer;
- Contribute to the daily media monitoring of Swiss newspapers (in French, German, Italian and English), with other UNIS interns;
- Attend biweekly press briefings with other UNIS interns; draft at least two press briefing summaries and receive feedback;
- Attend at least two full-day meetings of human rights treaty bodies or the Human Rights Council; draft at least two press releases and receive feedback;
- Write short articles for publication on iSeek, the UN’s intranet, as requested;
- Contribute to the gathering and creation of social media materials for @UNGeneva Twitter, Facebook and Instagram platforms, and help the Social Media Intern as needed, for example, during live coverage of major events;
- Perform administrative tasks such as updating calendar of meetings, drafting letters, translating emails, letters and documents, filing, etc.
- Carry out other tasks as requested by the United Nations Information Service.
- Journalism, communications, or organizational management; students of international relations or related fields may also be considered.
- Must be enrolled in a master’s degree programme or apply within one year of graduation.
- Fluency in English and French is needed. Knowledge of other official UN languages, German, and/or Italian, is a plus.
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.