Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 09/10/2019
United Nations Conference for Trade and Development, Intern - Economic Affairs
United Nations Conference for Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
Palais des Nations, Geneva, Svizzera
13 gennaio - 24 aprile 2020
L'offerta scade il 04/12/2019
This Internship position is in the Trade Negotiations and Commercial Diplomacy Branch, which assists developing countries in their participation in trade negotiations and the international trading system in the Division on International Trade and Commodities, UNCTAD.
Within the framework of the work programme of the Trade Negotiations and Commercial Diplomacy Branch, Division on International Trade and Commodities, the intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Conduct legal and economic research on selected trade and development policy issues of particular interest to developing countries;
- Assist in drafting official documents and analytical papers on for publication;
- Assist in the organization and servicing of expert meetings and technical cooperation activities;
- Prepare presentation materials, briefing notes and draft statements.
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final
academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.