Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 09/10/2019
United Nations Office in Geneva, Intern - Information Technology
United Nations Office in Geneva
Palais des Nations, Geneva , Svizzera
2 - 6 mesi
L'offerta scade il 04/01/2020
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and working closely with the team, the Intern will be expected to:
- Participates in the planning, design, implementation and management profile in the Indico (see https://getindico.io/) platform;
- Assists in business analysis for requirements to be implemented in the Indico platform;
- Participates in the preparation of the training materials and the education of the clients on related IT topics;
- Assists in other IT functions as necessary;
- Assists in the incorporation of an integrated approach that includes a science and technology into the policy, planning and operational activities of the unit;
- Participates in in developing, managing and delivering project, project-design, and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final
academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Applicants should have a good knowledge in information systems analysis and programming, ideally Python;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.