Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 09/10/2019
Salzburg Global Seminar, Library Internship
Salzburg Global Seminar
Leopoldskronstrasse 56-58, Salzburg, Austria
Benefit: Vitto e alloggio, rimborso spese di viaggio.
L'offerta scade il 30/10/2019
- Organize and scan photographic archives.
- Identify potential faculty and invitees for sessions;
- Provide tech and administrative support for upcoming sessions;
- Compile list of resources for Salzburg Global Seminar sessions as requested;
- Compile reserve shelf for upcoming sessions.
- Catalog all new acquisitions and library holdings in DublinCore in our open source, integrated library system, OpenBiblio, and the social cataloging platform LibraryThing;
- Assign call numbers in Dewey Decimal classification;
- Reshelf and shift books that are out of place;
- Write gift plate and thank you notes.
- Maintain existing subscription and their renewals as required;
- Research to find articles relevant to session topic.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Salzburg Global Seminar;
- Recently completed or in the process of pursuing postgraduate studies in library and information science or a related area, which should include at least one cataloging course;
- Previous volunteer, internship or professional experience in a library setting;
- A can-do attitude, ability to multi-task, and a willingness to work flexible hours, according to program needs;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, including the ability to edit text;
- Comfortable working with people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Proficiency in internet research and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).