Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 11/10/2019
European Chemicals Agency, Trainee - Exposure and Supply Chain Unit
ECHA - European Chemicals Agency
Annankatu 18, Helsinki, Finlandia
Informatica/ICT, Engineering, Biologia/Chimica/Farmaceutica
6 mesi. Inizio: 1 marzo 2020
L'offerta scade il 18/11/2019
The Exposure and Supply Chain Unit is responsible for information on use and exposure of chemicals under ECHA’s Integrated Regulatory Strategy (IRS).
- We support the prioritisation of groups of chemicals, and provide expert advice to the related authority processes (including evaluation, authorisation and restriction).
- In terms of industry supply chain communication we:
- support chemical safety assessment (via Chesar and exposure estimation models);
- support supply chain communication with tools and methods, in particular via actions under the Commission’s REACH Review; and
- aim to strengthen the knowledge base on substances in articles, including waste stages.
Depending on their specific profile, the foreseen tasks for the trainee would be to support our work on (i) use/exposure information in authority processes and (ii) communication on safe use in the supply chain:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of stakeholder consultations
- towards Member State authorities on the role of use and exposure information in REACH regulatory processes, such as screening or risk management option analysis; and/or
- in terms of information needs for safe use in the supply chain under the Commission’s REACH Review Action 3 (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=COM:2018:116:FIN);
- Support ECHA staff in the analysis and reporting of information obtained via these consultations to different specialist audiences e.g. Member State expert groups, industry sectors;
- Carry out work in relation to developing summaries (also known as data matrices) of information on the use of substances in the REACH registration dossiers;
- Assist us in enhancing the verification of use information provided by registrants during the REACH registration process;
- Providing support to ongoing projects in relation to ECHA’s Chesar (https://chesar.echa.europa.eu/) tool development, exposure estimation models, information on safe use and supply chain communication for substances, mixtures, articles and waste.
- Completed university studies at least to bachelor degree level (preferably in a life sciences, chemicals, materials or process engineering or informatics related topic);
- Experience in using MS Office tools;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Aptitude for team work;
- Excellent English skills both written and spoken (as this is the working language of the Agency).