Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 22/10/2019
ICRC, Traineeship in the health unit for the mental health and psychosocial support programmes
ICRC, International Committee of the Red Cross
Avenue de la Paix 19, Geneva, Svizzera
12 mesi. Inizio 20 gennaio 2020
L'offerta scade il 18/11/2019
The Mental Health and Psychosocial (MHPSS) sub unit is looking for an associate to develop data collection tools and to assist the current team in the harmonization of MHPSS field programs. The Mental Health and Psychosocial sub unit works towards further development and strengthening of field programs that will benefit populations affected by armed conflict and/or other situations of violence.
- To support the Programme Coordinator on activities related to the outcomes of the IC33 and the Movement Policy; supporting the development of strategic plans and helping maintain the networking with involved actors.
- To support the MHPSS advisers to provide support to the field delegates when needed.
- To support the organization and facilitation of the three MHPSS consolidation weeks for psychologists and psychiatrists, as well as support to the Regionals when organizing Spanish and French regional consolidation weeks.
- To support the production of a tool-book for children.
- To support the implementation of data collection and monitoring tools; learning the management of ICRC tools and supporting the team in the follow up process.
- To support all communication related activities, specifically the ones related to the 10th of October, World Mental Health day.
- To support the organization of meetings with the Regional specialists; preparing agenda, organizing materials, following up expectations and supporting the HQ team in their rolling out.
- To collect / organize and systematize documents/reports/data collection tools from all the MHPSS programs previously and currently implemented until now.
- To update the MHPSS documents in the Health Unit database and the MHPSS Wiki with relevant ICRC documents and others and to maintain and appropriate filing system.
- To conduct literature reviews of relevant documents/articles on MHPSS (support to families of missing persons, victims of violence, victims of sexual violence, persons with physical disabilities among others).
- To support the MHPSS subunit in running daily activities
- Previous experience implementing MHPSS programs, an asset
- Previous experience in working with victims of violence, an asset
- Important: For candidates to be eligible as associates, they must have a maximum of one year's professional experience after graduation (relating to the post) or two years if it includes previous traineeships.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills is required.
- Good knowledge of a second language, such as French, Arabic or Spanish.
- Psychological background required.
- Proven experience working with data collection and analysis.
- Very good command of computer tools (Windows 8, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
- Excellent writing skills.