Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 28/10/2019
SES, Internship - IoT Protocol validation for Satellite IoT
Rue Pierre Werner , Betzdorf, Lussemburgo
6 mesi. Inizio: marzo 2020
Retribuito + benefit
Based in Luxembourg, you will contribute to our activities in the area of hybrid satellite-terrestrial connectivity solutions for emerging IoT systems. You will investigate the efficiency of extremely lightweight IoT application layer protocols on different flavors of embedded systems with different physical layer communication protocols. Furthermore you will investigate embedded system resource saving strategies to achieve maximum device lifetime. You will simulate your findings in a testbed composed of a software satellite emulator and real and simulate hardware.
- Perform a state of the art review of lightweight application layer protocols and embedded system resource saving strategies including wake-up receivers:
- Define one use case in which resource savings in IoT devices is crucial to provide a compelling service;
- Identify key performance indicators which are important for the successful implementation of such an IoT device;
- Implement a prototype of an IoT device for the defined use case by taking into account the identified key performance indicators.
- Identify areas which require further investigations and propose a way forward;
- Document your research findings in an MSc Thesis or Technical Report.
- Advanced Master’s student in Embedded Systems or in a relevant ICT area;
- Strong computer programming language skills in particular in C/C++ and Python;
- Strong background in Linux and bare metal programming;
- Familiar with platforms such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ESP8266 or Adafruit Feather;
- Experienced with cross-development environment for embedded systems;
- Computer literate (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Work independently as well as in a team;
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset;
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.