Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 12/11/2019
UNECE, Intern - Environment Affairs
UNECE Aarhus Convention
Palais des Nations, Geneva , Svizzera
L'offerta scade il 10/12/2019
- Support the preparation (including through research and drafting of relevant documents), organization and servicing of international meetings of the bodies under the Aarhus Convention, its Protocol on Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers (PRTRs) and the Compliance Committee, as well as the Task Forces and the Working Groups of the Parties, and of any other intersessional activities;
- Provide support to the Aarhus Clearinghouse for Environmental Democracy and PRTR.net established under the auspices of the Convention and its Protocol, including through research, drafting and editing of entries, as well as the Aarhus Convention online reporting tool for national implementation reports;
- Assist with the preparation of outreach materials for publication on the Aarhus Convention and Protocol on PRTRs, including drafting, editing and production of printed materials for circulation to potential donors and institutional partners of the secretariat and preparation of presentations based on such materials for delivery at public outreach events;
- Assist the officers of the secretariat with day-to-day tasks, as required for the implementation of the work programmes of the Aarhus Convention and its Protocol on PRTRs.
- Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
(c) Have graduated with a university degree, as defined above, and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications and CMS (e.g. Drupal);
- For this internship, studies in law, preferably including international and/or environmental law or equivalent are required.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French or Russian is highly desirable.