Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 26/11/2019
Ingenico, Scrum Board synchronization project: Android Development Intern
28-32 Boulevard de Grenelle, Paris, Francia
Context: Scrum development teams often use two dashboards representing the same sprints:
- A physical, paper and glue-based one
- Digital, JIRA-based one
- Take a picture of a paper dashboard made of preset columns and standard printed JIRA cards
- Process the picture to check layout consistency and use OCR to find JIRA issues identifiers
- Call the API to transition issues through their digital workflow according to the paper dashboard current state
- Synchronizing their content is a manual task and can easily lead to discrepancies.
Commercial solutions exist, but all seem to require a server-side addon to print custom cards with special markings. However, it can be quite problematic in JIRA's case to have anything installed / maintained.
Proposed solution: Design an Android application that updates the content of a JIRA digital SCRUM dashboard based on a photograph taken with a smartphone.
- Software development