Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 23/12/2019
ICRC, Traineeship in the Law and Policy Forum
ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Avenue de la Paix 19, Geneva, Svizzera
12 mesi (da aprile)
3000 CHF lordi mensili
L'offerta scade il 20/01/2020
Contribute to onsite training activities:
- Support the development of tailor-made thematic training programs on IHL and humanitarian policy by conducting research and participating in the preparation of content (agenda, case studies, potential presentations) as well as the selection of speakers and participants, etc.
- Create and/or update a number of thematic resources and teaching tools (reading lists, scenario-based simulations, quizzes, etc.)
- Prepare internal assessment reports of the training provided.
Support the development and maintenance of the ICRC’s online legal training tools (e-learning modules), in partnership with field and HQ units. In particular:
- Coordinate amendments of the existing IHL e-learning modules
- Coordinate the follow-up of their translation by National Societies
- Support the production & promotion of other language versions of the e-learning modules (focus on Arabic and Spanish).
- Advanced university degree in international humanitarian law, international law, or international relations (with a strong legal component);
- Previous experience in event management/event communication, or in teaching/pedagogy is an advantage;
- Previous experience working with contact relationship management databases is an advantage.
- No more than one year of professional experience since graduation (in relation to the position), or two years if you have been in previous traineeships
- Fluent French (both written and oral) and excellent English; Arabic and Spanish an asset.
Desired skills and profile:
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise texts for external communication;
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, databases) together with a demonstrated aptitude and enthusiasm for using new IT tools and systems;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong legal research and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated flexibility, and ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to present information in a clear, compelling and convincing way;
- Sense of initiative and ability to work autonomously, when required;
- Proven ability to interact with multi-disciplinary teams.