Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 02/01/2020
Jacobs, Ports & Maritime Intern
Ambrose House Mitlon Road, Swindon, Regno Unito
Ingegneria e Architettura
12 mesi. Inizio giugno 2020.
- Work within one of our dynamic and innovative teams to assist industry experts in order to deliver safe and robust technical solutions
- Work on both domestic (UK based) and international projects for a large range of clients who own, operate or construct port & harbour facilities
- Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues of all levels both in the UK and abroad
- Assist in the development of detailed design solutions of maritime structures, such as breakwaters, jetties, quay walls, shipyards etc
- Carry out structural design calculations both by hand and using the latest computer software packages available in the industry
- Assist with site based structural inspections and design co-ordination services for works being constructed.
- Contribute to the production of client deliverables such as design reports, calculation packages and construction drawings.
- Assist with the preparation of contract documents, bills of quantities and specifications
- Assist Project Managers and Project Controllers to plan, manage and deliver projects using the latest BIM and other collaboration software and protocols
- Work closely with peers and mentors to achieve a head start in working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- You will be in your second year of working towards an accredited minimum level 2:1 MEng degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent)
- An interest in Port and Maritime engineering
- The drive and motivation to become a Chartered Engineer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce well-presented reports
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Office) and aptitude to learning new analysis programmes
- Relevant work experience
- Student membership with a professional institution (Institution of Civil Engineers, Institution of Structural Engineers etc)
- Some ability in the use of Structural Analysis software