Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 07/01/2020
Arm, Applications Engineering Intern
11 Portland St, Manchester, Regno Unito
3 mesi, periodo estivo
During the internship you will design and simulate a hardware block that will allow our customers to use ISP in a mode that is not natively supported by the standard product. You will receive guidance, help and support from our expert design and application engineers. In collaboration with our Technical Communications team you will create an Application Note that will summarise your design and give customers suggestions on how to deploy it in their products.
This position offers an excellent mix of broad technical development with the opportunity to learn the job of hardware applications engineer, which could lead to a permanent role after graduation. What will I be accountable for?
- Designing a hardware bloc that solves a technical problem that some of our customers are facing.
- Capturing the technical knowledge and make it available to customers by writing an Application Note.
- Assisting in testing hardware IP deliverables and provide feedback to design teams prior to release to customers.
- Helping to capture technical knowledge and making it available as written Application Notes and Knowledge Base Articles.
- Studying for university degree in Electronic Engineering or similar
- Developing knowledge of microprocessor architecture, memory systems and interconnect
- Some experience of hardware description language such as Verilog or VDHL with tools for simulating hardware using test benches
- Enjoys solving problems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Good listening skills
- Has good organisational skills and is detail-oriented
- Some experience or interest in digital image processing or computer vision
- Interest in photography
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting
- Use of version control systems, such as Git or SVN.