Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 14/01/2020
Europol, Internship - Open Sources Support
Eisenhowerlaan 73, The Hague, Paesi Bassi
Legale/Affari internazionali, Comunicazione/Marketing
3-6 mesi. Inizio: 1 marzo 2020/1 settembre 2020
830 euro mensili
Benefit: rimborso spese di viaggio sostenute all'inizio e alla fine del tirocinio
L'offerta scade il 03/02/2020
Based on the profiles of the successful candidates, the intern will be allocated to one of the following internship projects:
- Open Sources team
This internship project focuses on media and social media monitoring, the collection of open source (OS) information and the production of open source reports for Europol staff and Europol’s management.
- Horizontal Security Services
This internship project focuses on supporting the Security Analyst in establishing sustainable and maintainable solutions to gather, analyse and exhibit open source information relevant for the security of Europol.
- Cyber Intelligence
The internship project focuses on supporting the Cyber Intelligence team in its OS intelligence activities to raise awareness and trigger discussions as well as further actions.
- Analysis Project TERMINAL team (international payment fraud)
This internship project focuses on the support to the AP Terminal (international payment fraud) team in conducting OS research on topics of strategic interest in the crime area.
- Strategic Analysis team
This internship project focuses on media monitoring, the collection of open source information and the production of open source reports or inputs for Europol strategic analysis reports.
- Experience (in academic or professional settings):
• Previous experience working with open sources (collection, collation and analysis) and/or open source intelligence (OSINT) in academic or professional settings;
• Experience in analysis and synthesis of information from a range of sources, including via study/research assignments;
• Experience in the design of security awareness materials and/or actual security awareness delivering initiatives will be considered an asset;
• Ability to draft clear and concise documents on complex matters;
• Experience in event organisation / studying or working in an international environment will be considered as an asset.
- Subject knowledge/ education:
• Completed or ongoing studies in the internship project or related areas (political science, social sciences, media studies, corporate communications, event management).
- General competencies:
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing;
• Proficient user of IT applications in general and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the internet.
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team as well as independently;
• Strong motivation to join an EU Agency;
• Creative “outside-the-box” thinking;
• Planning and organisational skills;
• Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment.