Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 12/02/2020
EUMETSAT, Internship on Optimisation of antenna scheduling for regional direct broadcast services
Eumetsat Allee 1, Darmstadt, Germania
Progettazione/Ricerca & Sviluppo, Engineering, Ecologia e ambiente
fino a 6 mesi (da aprile)
Minimum wage per i neolaureati; per gli studenti indennità giornaliera e contributo al viaggio/alloggio
L'offerta scade il 01/03/2020
- Understand how EUMETSAT approaches scheduling antenna usage, both currently for the existing regional services (EARS) and what is planned for the EPS-SG regional mission;
- Understand how NOAA/CIMSS approaches scheduling antenna usage for their Direct Broadcast Real-Time Network (DBRTN);
- Understand how the scheduling of antennas is performed for the six Australian reception stations in mainland Australia and Antarctica;
- Investigate whether the polar weather satellite data exchange tool Trollcast offers an alternative approach to scheduling antenna usage for regional direct broadcast services;
- Compare and contrast the various antenna scheduling approaches;
- Prepare a report summarising the activities undertaken, the information gleaned and discussing potential improvements to existing scheduling strategy.
- The intern should have studied either physics, meteorology, geography, environmental science or a related engineering discipline. To support this project, it is not necessary for the intern to be a post-graduate.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
- The intern must be ready to work confidently in English, and be able to prepare a final report in a clear, concise style.
- The intern should be comfortable working with people from various professional and cultural backgrounds, and be capable of completing some tasks alone.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work independently under guidance.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.