Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 13/02/2020
UNCTAD, Intern - Economic Affairs (Youth Network)
UNCTAD - United Nations Conference for Trade and Development
Palais des Nations, Geneva, Svizzera
Comunicazione/Marketing, Giornalismo/Editoria/Scienze documentarie
L'offerta scade il 10/03/2020
The UNCTAD Youth Network work is to facilitate youth worldwide exchanging views and experiences and launch campaigns on important subjects. Part of the work of the Network will involve the creation of projects in partnership with other United Nations organizations and partners. Carrying out his/her tasks under the supervision of a senior staff member, the intern will perform the following functions:
- Assists in the organization of meetings and logistics; prepare briefing materials for senior officials prior to their participation in such events.
- Supports social media activities run by the Office of the Secretary-General such as producing and monitoring content on the Secretary-General's twitter account and other channels.
- Supports the preparation and production of material, among others articles, blogs and news items in English, particularly on issues related to the UNCTAD mandates.
- Attends meetings and assists in reporting, writing briefs and other content.
- Assists in other areas when requested.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, much commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme. Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
Applicants also must:
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for this Internship Programme. Knowledge of French is desirable.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.