Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 13/02/2020
UNODC, Intern - Drug Control & Crime Prevention
UNODC - United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
International Centre, Wagramer Str. 5, Vienna, Austria
Legale/Affari internazionali, Comunicazione/Marketing
3 mesi, eventualmente rinnovabili
L'offerta scade il 03/03/2020
The project aims at supporting a selected group of countries (primary and associated) in LAC and WA in enhancing their capacity to effectively counter Organized Crime (OC) along the cocaine route, by focusing in three main points: a) strengthening the capacities of criminal justice institutions (law enforcement and the judiciary) to collect evidence on, detect, investigate, prosecute and adjudicate organized crime (OC)/drug trafficking cases; b) fostering interregional cooperation between criminal justice institutions (law enforcement and the judiciary) for effective action in interregional OC/drug trafficking cases by promoting good practices, information exchange, networking and South-South cooperation; and c) enhancing institutional integrity and accountability of criminal justice institutions (law enforcement and the judiciary) with the active involvement of civil society organizations. The intern shall undertake the following duties which may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the project team in the development of work plans;
- Assist the CRIMJUST team in desk work, with fact-checking, editing and proof-reading;
- Contribute to the development of communications materials and reports regarding country-specific and regional activities as required;
- Undertake research work, using electronic sources, in the field of transnational organized crime with particular emphasis on cocaine trafficking as well as other relevant topics as required;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for activities such as: 1) classroom training sessions at participating member state locations; 2) assessment and mentoring missions; and 3) meetings and conferences;
- Prepare training material for technical assistance activities such as training workshops and meetings;
- Assist in the drafting of concept notes and background documents taking stock of existing knowledge on a specific issue in order to suggest operational ways forwards for the Programme;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation (OFFICIAL PROOF FROM THE UNIVERSITY TO SUPPORT ONE OF THE ABOVE OPTIONS HAS TO BE ATTACHED TO THE INSPIRA APPLICATION)
- Be computer literate in standard software applications
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. Fluency in English and Spanish, i.e. oral and written proficiency is required. Portuguese is desirable.
- Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.