Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 17/02/2020
UN-IIIM, Intern - Legal Affairs
IIIM - International, Impartial and Independent Mechanism (Syria)
L'offerta scade il 30/05/2020
Legal Intern: The duties of legal interns in CASS include, but are not limited to assisting in the provision of advice relating to the preparation of case files and on sharing material in accordance with the IIIM’s mandate; assisting in the review of the IIIM’s evidence collection; conducting research on domestic and international criminal law as well as research on factual and policy issues pertaining to the work of the IIIM; drafting meeting minutes; and cite checking, compiling and collating materials.
Research & Analysis Intern (R&A): The R&A intern is assigned to perform research and analysis, examine events, personalities, organisations, and crimes under review by the IIIM. An intern participates in the research and collation of information, determining its value and integrating it into the evidential development of the broader issues being pursued.
- It is particularly useful for interns to have legal training or experience in international criminal or humanitarian law.
- Applicants must have a university degree or be in the final stages of their undergraduate studies in a relevant field (e.g. political science, Middle Eastern studies, conflict studies or other analysis based program).
- To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met: Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in oral and written English is essential. Knowledge of other languages, particularly Arabic and French, is an asset.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.