Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 17/02/2020
Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Intern - Human Rights (Americas)
Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
Palais Wilson 52 rue des Paquis, Geneva, Svizzera
Legale/Affari internazionali, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
L'offerta scade il 08/02/2021
The intern shall support OHCHR in fulfilling its mission: to work for the protection of all human rights for all people; to help empower people to realize their rights; and to assist those responsible for upholding such rights in ensuring that they are implemented. Daily responsibilities of Human Rights (Americas) interns will depend on the individual's background and duties may include but are not limited to compiling basic information, analyzing key issues, collecting information and documents received from United Nations headquarters- and field-level offices and, in particular, the intern may:
- Review relevant information and documents related to OHCHR work in order to acquire basic understanding of the mandates, strategic policies, framework of programmes/ activities of the organization;
- Assist the Desk Officers (DOs) in maintaining contacts with concerned United Nations Country Teams (UNCTs) and relevant human rights offices, non-government organizations (NGOs) and national human rights institutions (NHRIs) as well as OHCHR field offices in the region;
- Assist Desk Officers in the coordination of the programme of missions of special rapporteurs/representatives/experts or working groups and others, to countries in the geographical area concerned and liaise in this regard with the thematic mechanisms teams, other branches and the office of the High Commissioner;
- Assist with activities pertaining to the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) and follow-up, as necessary;
- Lend support with OHCHR activities related to information collection and compilation of basic background for the preparation of technical papers and speeches;
- Support with selected field of work and program/project activities related to their priority areas of studies and internship;
- Assist in organizing meetings, seminars and official missions;
- and Perform other duties requested by supervisor, as appropriate.
- To qualify for the United Nations Secretariat internship programme applicants must, at the time of their submission, be enrolled in a graduate school programme (i.e. Master's degree or equivalent degree, or higher) or in the final academic year of a first-level university degree programme (i.e. Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree), preferably in the area of law, political science, international relations, social sciences or a related field, OR have graduated with a university degree as defined above AND, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period from the date of graduation.
- Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English and Spanish is required. Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.