Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 24/02/2020
ESO - European Southern Observatory, Internships for MSc Projects in Engineering
ESO - European Southern Observatory
Karl-Schwarzschild-Str.2, , Garching bei München, Germania
L'offerta scade il 31/12/2020
Current ESO active R&D projects:
- Advanced visible and infrared detectors for astronomical instrumentation (modelling, testing, development of CMOS fast detectors, curved detectors...);
- Gigahertz receivers, cryogenic first-stage amplifiers for ALMA (development & testing);
- Adaptive optics and related components including laser guide stars, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensing, tomographic techniques, interactions with segmented mirrors...;
- System simulation and modelling including deformable mirrors, telescope seeing effects, exposure time calculators, instruments, model-based system engineering;
- Optical metrology and photonics for (sub-)micrometric large structure characterisation, interferometry;
- Mechanics and cryogenics;
- Real-time computing.
- Students in an engineering field and in collaboration with the student's university ready to take an active part in the ESO R&D projects with a good deal of team spirit, curiosity, dynamism and eagerness to learn.
- No nationality is in principle excluded, however, recruitment preference will be given to nationals of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Chile irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race or religion.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.