Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 28/02/2020
International Trade Centre, Internship Programme (Communications and Events, Library team)
ITC - International Trade Centre
Rue de Montbrillant 54, Geneva, Svizzera
The Intern will be assigned to support the Library Unit that is responsible for:
- Managing subscriptions and providing information to staff for their technical work. It provides staff with reference services, research files on specific topics, selective bibliographies, lists of
new acquisitions, circulation of periodicals and ad-hoc information alerts.
- Providing access to a specialized collection of online and printed resources focusing on international trade and related matters.
- Acquiring up-to-date resources to support ITC projects, maintaining and updating ITC’s institutional archive.
Under the guidance of the Library Assistant and the overall supervision of the Associate Corporate Communications Officer, the Intern will carry out the following duties:
- Research new materials to enrich the library collection
- Catalogue relevant materials (abstracts, classification etc)
- Update records in the library catalogue, particularly electronic links
- Assist in maintaining the catalogue of online databases and training staff on these databases
- Assist in circulating periodicals and materials to staff
- Assist in answering queries and carrying out research requests
- Assist in preparing bibliographic reports
- Assist in updating the ITC Thesaurus
- Assist in shelving and organizing physical materials in the library archives
- Research innovative ways to improve the existing process and introduce new practices.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study e.g. information science and librarianship, communication, humanities or equivalent. Any degree is accepted but a strong interest in library/information work is required. Currently pursuing, or recently completed, a Master’s Degree or higher in same areas.
- Language skills: fluent in English (spoken and written). Knowledge of other UN languages an asset
- Strong research and analytical skills, computer literacy (particularly major office tools).
- Knowledge of any cataloguing/library systems is an asset.
- Accuracy, efficiency and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Previous work experience in libraries is an asset.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.